Mac hard drive can get damaged because of many causes like software or system crash, hard reboot, power surges, hard drive failure, failure of software installers used to resent system permissions, computer virus attacks, disk initialization and improper system shutdown.
Temporary or permanent data loss can be avoided with suitable methods and perform data recovery on Mac. Here is the normal way to get lost data back:
1. Right-click (or hold down CONTROL and click) the damaged Mac which you want to recover files from, and then click Show Package Contents.
2. The hard disk drive image holds all the files and programs for a virtual machine.
3. Right-click (or hold down CONTROL and click) the hard disk drive image file.
Kindly Tips: By default, the hard disk drive image file is labeled with the operating system name unless you specified something else when you created it during the guest PC setup.
5. Right-click (or hold down CONTROL and click) the Mac desktop, and then click Paste item.
6. Create a new folder on the Mac hard drive where you want to save the recovered data, and then name the folder say, Recovery.
7. Move the copy of the hard drive file from the Package contents folder on the desktop to the Recovery folder.
8. Create a new virtual PC.
9. Click the new virtual PC in the Virtual PC list, and then click Settings.
10. Click the Drive 2 listing.
11. Click Mac Hard Drive document, and then click Select.
12. Locate the Recovery folder, and then click the hard disk drive document you that you want to recover.
13. Click Open, and then start the new virtual PC.
14. Restart the virtual PC after Plug & Play detects and installs the new virtual hard disk drive.
15. Open My Computer in the new virtual PC. The recovered drive appears as the D drive (or some other drive letter).
16. Right-click the drive where you are trying to get the data files, and then click Explore.
17. Locate the files that you want to recover.
Situation Need to Call the Data Recovery Software
However, if the above method cannot solve the problem, users need to find the Mac OS data recovery software. Which software should be taken? Well, in my opinion, the software must have the ability for recovering data from corrupt or severely damaged Mac resources. Moreover, this software is capable of repairing directory files of Macintosh start disk, user-specific, software or system cache files as well as permissions on the system files and directories.
In addition to the internal resources and data structures of Mac X OS, this Mac Recovery software can also restore data from iPods, memory cards, and external devices provided they are being recognized as drive letters.
Actually there are still many features that the software should have, but the most important thing you should keep in mind is not about the software, but your action. Remember not to do any operation on the computer or storage device after the file loss because you don’t know if you will make the data overwritten situation happen. And you’d better build a backup for your files often so that you will not be afraid of data loss problem. More detailed about backup or the prevention of data loss you can check the older post on our site.